The Old House Parts Company founder and previous owner, Tom Joyal, discovered his passion for American Architectural Salvage during his years as a contractor working on numerous home restoration projects. It wasn’t long after witnessing volumes of high quality, architectural craftsmanship being tossed into dumpsters that Tom decided to rescue these treasures from landfills and make them conveniently available for those seeking to add quality and character to their homes and properties. His determination led to the establishment of The Old House Parts Company in 1996. In 2018, Tom sold the company to veteran employee, Mike Thompson, and set his sails toward new adventures. We cannot thank Tom enough for all that he has contributed to the architectural salvage industry.


In 1999, Tom took local youth, Mike Thompson, under his wing. For nearly the last two decades, Mike has overseen the daily operations at OHPC and is an expert in antique architectural salvage with a specialty in old hardware. As of 2018, Mike is now the proud owner of the The Old House Parts Company. Previous owner Tom Joyal says, “Mike has been a major component to the success of The Old House Parts Company for almost 20 years. Not a week goes by without a customer praising his good nature and knowledge of old houses and their parts.” He continues, “Tiffany and I wish him and his family all the best and feel good knowing hundreds of homes will be recycled and reused.” And we here at The Old House Parts Company, as well as our customers, feel good knowing that under Mike’s continuous management, we’ll still be the same OHPC that we all love!

Our primary focus at OHPC is providing 18th, 19th, and early 20th century American architectural elements for historical restoration, home improvement, and more. OHPC has been an antique American architectural salvage mecca for homeowners, builders, designers, architects, artists, and enthusiasts from all over the country for two decades. Situated in an 11,000 square foot 1872 freight warehouse, OHPC is a revolving museum of genuine architectural salvage including antique windows, doors, hardware, stained glass, lighting, fireplace mantels, moldings, wainscoting, beadboard, paneling, stair parts, clawfoot tubs, sinks, iron, stone, masonry, old wood flooring and more.

A collection of over 3,000 salvaged, antique doors, grouped by panels, can only be seen to be believed. The thousands of antique doorknobs, back plates, locksets and hinges, are all sorted by style and size for your convenience. There are hundreds of antique stained glass and leaded glass windows perched on ledges for easy viewing. Thousands of linear feet of salvaged wood and flooring are available for endless uses. Daily, visitors are astonished by the meticulous organization of the inventory and impressed by the friendly, helpful expertise of the staff. No detail is too small, from finding the right replacement drawer pull to outfitting an entire building with genuine, period appropriate windows, doors and hardware, we can help you.

1 Trackside Drive, Kennebunk, Maine.  Phone: (207) 985-1999  Fax: (207) 985-1911 Toll Free: (888) 743-1353